I had never heard about Podcasts or Videocasts before I took EDM 310. Now that I have listened and watched some I have a better understanding of the uses of them. I also have gained the knowledge in learning how to make a podcast or videocast.
Podcasts can be very helpful to use, not only as a teacher but also for the students. I could record a lecture on a lesson that we discussed in class. This would be a great way for the students to be able to go back over their notes and catch anything that they may have missed the first time. This form of podcast could also be useful to a student if they missed class that day. As a teacher I could also make a project concerning Podcasts. I could give the students a project that they need to look up and gain informative information about. Then the students could make a podcast and we could all listen to them in class.
Videocasts are so interesting to me. If I have the technology at the school that I teach at, I hope to make videocasts. Videocasts can be used different ways. As a teacher I could make a video of my students while they are engaged in a project or fun activity. I could then put it on a class blog; therefore, letting the parents see what their son or daughter is up to while they are at school. Videocasts can also be useful for teachers. I could see what another teacher is doing in her class about a particular subject they are studying and get some ideas that I could bring back to my own classroom.
Overall, podcasts and videocasts are great tools to incorporate in your classroom once you become a teacher. It is not only for fun, it also can get the students comfortable in using technology.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment